Microlights on BBC, but when???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microlights on BBC, but when???

Very pleased to see Geoff's initiative in emailing everyone about a World Air Games run up prog. on the Beeb.

One small detail would ensure an even wider audience;, when and what channel of BBC?

Cheers

Kev
    G-KEVA
    BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

R.J. Mitchell :- Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire

Well, he says "BBC Breakfast". That airs on BBC1 between 06:00 and 10:00 tomorrow.

I would suppose that the time slots we need to know just can't be planned this far out. I even think they plan 'on the hoof' most days because when they say "coming up", they show a short and have a banner displaying the time. Many times I have waited in vain for things to happen at the appointed time. On the whole, a very disappointing programme for me, but I'll watch for the Microlights as and when tomorrow morning and if I get lucky, I get lucky!

Comment

there is always bbc i player

Comment

All true, I'm distributing this good news from Geoff, it's valuable advertising particularly as flexwings are involved. Graham Slater's point about the decline in pupils for weightshift also struck a chord, and If SSDR is to have a future we need recruits.

Any obstacle to viewing could do to be swept away, so a rough clue to when would be useful though, I will be watching, will others?

Great news anyway

Kev
        G-KEVA
        BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

Comment

Kev. I wasn't given a time. Just watched and very impressed. Well done to those that made it happen. And thanks for putting it on the forum, I forgot :-(
          Geoff

Comment

Available on iplayer, commenced at 08.42 precisely.

It was a fantastic advert for the BMAA and the Bursary scheme in particular.
            subscribe to Microlight Flying eNews here : http://dm-mailinglist.com/subscribe?f=c4198184

Comment

Owain got it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF7oRXvTBdw&sns=em

Comment

Re-run at the 8:42 time, was flapping in case missed it but recorded on the Sky box thingy, had to run a bunch of fans for a daft game called 'football' to the train station. Now to figure out how to pull the video off the Sky HD box so it can be uploaded to YouTube. Googling....

What a fabulous advert for us though, it managed to show a telegenic lady, what happens if the engine stops and exciting swoopy flying.

My family have no taste, totally ignored it, grrrrr

Cheers

Kev
                G-KEVA
                BMAA 5696

Comment

For lots more seriously swoopy and high speed flying take a look on Facebook
                  Microlights GB at WAG 2015

Some fantastic flying today from the palm on the Dubai waterfront over the sea. Amazing location with enormous skyscrapers lining the shore. Some video footage should be uploading shortly. The footage we have already is amazing and could have huge potential for advertising the sport and showing trikes in a whole new light.

Paul

Comment

Dominic Connolly wrote: Available on iplayer, commenced at 08.42 precisely.

It was a fantastic advert for the BMAA and the Bursary scheme in particular.
                    Already had a bursary application through this morning.

Comment

Excellent news Geoff

Comment

First time off since we arrived with the Gyro's running early this morning after the Trikes yesterday, looks like the weather will kill everything early next week so may have time to post more for the non face book guys'
                        At the moment we start at 6am and finish when its done

Brits doing OK but the French have a good chance due to a very balanced task by Rob Grimwood to compensate for the faster wings by way of a disadvantage on scoring the take off before the tape.

Gyro's are taking a beating on the landing with one bent and in the garage and a few slightly bent bits on others but the Trikes are doing their job with no serious trouble down to a broken back rest.

Will post more later if its useful

PS just heard lads talking outside the room which I thought a bit odd!!! ( we are nearly 40 floors up) You can see the runway we are using in the bay and yes it is flyable weather at the moment and the cones we fly at the moment are 8 meters high

Attached files
                        Mick Broom
                        Member 909
                        Shadow G-MWTN

Comment

Working...
                        X