Car Trailer Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Trailer Missing

Thanks to all concerned and who replied with offers of help.

Trailer Returned safe and sound. Van now running as it should.

I am Over 1200 lighter now However !!!!!!!!!!

My 16 foot twin Axle Car Trailer is allegedly abandoned In Ireland, Dublin Area if the address I was given is to be trusted.

I need to get it back ASAP but the guy who was using it has gone quiet. Not answering Phones or e-mails, He was comunicating via e-mail to start with but now tumble weed.

Possibly stolen. !!!!!!!!

It looks exactly like this one except the jocky wheel handle on mine is Yellow. Its a new jocky wheels assembly so is much brighter than the rest of the trailer.

Its made by Indespension and this is Moulded into the side of the trailer.

Points of Note or Features specific to my trailer:-
    One of the bed boards is slightly distorted and sticking up in the middle of the bed.
    My Old Post Code is stamped all over it.
    Jockey wheel assembly is new with bright yellow handle.
    Two new rear marker lights
    Serial No is 20232

Can people keep a look out for it?

In the mean time I will endevour to track it down and get it back if at all possible.

Thank you from A very pissed off Mark Jones.

Attached files

Car Trailer Missing

Hi Mark,
    I'm based in wexford but travel around a bit for work so I will keep an eye out. If you need any more help just let met know.

Henry
    flying is good for you!

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Hi Henry

You are a star. many thanks. Its an expensive trailer so its loss will be a big blow to me and the business. Now the van has decided to belch out white diesel smoke from today as well. GRRRR

All the best
      Mark

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Crack an injector feed at a time until it stops, then get that injector serviced, they used to do them at Lucas or do they just replace them now? the nozzle stops spraying properly, small cost

PM me your email matey and I'll mail your stuff over to some bods I'm on FB with in the Republic

Good luck

Kev
        G-KEVA
        BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

R.J. Mitchell :- Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Problem with newer engines is that most are common rail and electronic so cracking them off does not really work anymore best thing to do is a leak ff test or better still get the motor on a diagnostic machine and fault codes will be there

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

If anyone can pick it up and drop it to wexford Kev,I will be heading across in the new year and I can bring it then.

Cheers,
            Henry
            flying is good for you!

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Diagnostic pod for engine only can be bought cheaply for post 2004 diesel.

If you suspect the EGR valve then a blanking plate for same can be a valuable diagnostic tool to rule out the EGR valve.

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Tnjector or EGR problems would make Black smoke wouldn't they? I thought White smoke indicated a water problem

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Still no sign or pinpoint info on where my Trailer is.

Thanks to all those who have looked out for it for me in Dublin.

My Van is pretty screwed up as well and is being fixed at large Cost !!!

Just need to get some work in now to pay for the Van ( circa 650 ) and possibly a new trailer ( circa 3K ) !!!

Kind Regards To All
                  Mark

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Hi Mark ,sadly if it's gone to the south,you will be a lucky bloke to get it back an awfull lot of lorries that are nicked here go there,presume you have told the old bill,with a chassis number the manufacturer should put it on hot list if anyone orders a part for it you have got em,if you name the Fokker someone must know where he is,Saudi don't have this problem,Dave

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Evening mark, pm me , depending on what line of "buisness" your crook is in , I may have some" friends" in the south with a very long reach who owe me a favour.
                      Pip Pip ian.
                      Ps anyone got floats for an x air? Pooley bridge swept away , eamont bridge shut for months a 4 mile rat run detour knee deep in shite and its due to go biblical day after tomorrow. I knew I should have joined the Andrew.
                      Pip Pip Ian

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Hi Guys, Sorry its been a while.

Van is pretty much sorted but has thrown another Prob at me now Hey Ho, Easily fixable when I have the cash.

As for trailer, its been spotted on the drive of the chap who hired it from me and did not return it. Its just were he assured me it was. Just can't fathom why he would never give me the house number ( which I now have ) and hopefully being collected in the next few days / week.

Fingers crossed. If nothing comes of it its Old Bill time as I have given him enough chances.

Thanks to all who have helped and payed interest.

Regards
                        Mark

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Don't forget to go to the small claims court for compensation of lost hire and extra expense.
                          Graham Jefferies
                          BMAA member no: 6885.

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

By the sounds of it Graham it will be a lost cause trying any legal means,get it back and don't hire again best bet

Comment

Car Trailer Missing

Well the good news is I have my trailer back.

It was only after a long protracted investigation that took up way to many of my hours and money to sort.

The saga of the Van is still going on eveb though I have changed prety much every electrical box of tricks under the bonnet. !!!

Still, thanks everyone for advice and interest. I am counting my self a lucky in that I have it back, servicable.

Regards
                              Mark Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X