Medical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical

How much should I be looking to pay my GP to sign my medical?

Medical

As others will say.... "how long is a piece of string"....

Unfortunately, you are at the mercy of your GP.
    I am extremely lucky.. just a contribution to the "tea fund"...... others have been "forced" to pay around 100:-(

Comment

Medical

Our local health centre charges 10

Comment

Medical

That's a good price! But 100 :O

Comment

Medical

Last time I paid 50, and for me that is now annual (I'm 65), or until the CAA drop the requirement.
          XL's forever! Well, one of them anyway. It's all I can afford, not to mention the Raven and the Mini-Max. Oh, and I almost forgot the Spectrum as well :-)

Comment

Medical

Hi

Is there any news on if or when the CAA is likely to make an announcement regarding the changes to medical requirements which were subject to the poll earlier this year.

Regards
            Alan

Comment

Medical

The medical declaration was meant to save the GP time time and the pilot money. GPs who charge more than about 30 are taking the proverbial, because you can have the examination for a Group 2 medical certificate for as little as 51.

http://www.driversmedicals.com/

http://www.doctorsonwheels.co.uk/

Comment

Medical

Alwyn Gee wrote: Hi

Is there any news on if or when the CAA is likely to make an announcement regarding the changes to medical requirements which were subject to the poll earlier this year.

Regards
                Alan
                Should be April 2016

Comment

Medical

Joking?

I do my training abroad in March this year!

Comment

Medical

Are you doing all your training in March?

IIRC, the medical declaration is not needed until you intend to fly solo.

Either way, you need to be confident that you're not going to suffer any kind of episode which would significantly impair your ability as a pilot.
                    I am no medical expert, but I would suggest you do some research relating to your particular condition and changes in temperature, atmospheric pressure, stress etc.
                    Pete T.

"A closed mouth gathers no feet".

Comment

Medical

Yes full training, it's heart flutters with nothing diagnosed by GP. Blood tests came back normal, just worrying myself silly I won't be allowed to fly!
                      Never happened when I've flown before!

Comment

Medical

As I'm over 65, I have to have an annual declaration too, however as I'm also a working FISO, I have to have an 'HGV-2' medical annually with my GP which sets me back 132 and I get her to sign the declaration on my PPL at the same time.

Comment

Medical

That's the same price as my Class 2 aero-med, including an ECG.
                          Dave

Comment

Medical

Unfortunately once 65 all things change for the more expensive regarding medicals or self declaration signature.
                            Graham Jefferies
                            BMAA member no: 6885.

Comment

Medical

That kept me nervously waiting! Paperwork provided to Surgery on the 45 day limit, three weeks later replacement requested. Signed document finally provided on the day of expiry of my old form! OK, I understand the pressures on the NHS and GPs in particular but it would have been a little less stressful if it had been a little earlier. The cost this time 60.

Comment

Working...
                              X