Medical pulled - stuff to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical pulled - stuff to sell

As has been mentioned.. the doc has pulled my flying medical and it isn't coming back this time.

I have two Lynx headphones with charging wall socket. Anyone got an idea how much to advertise them for on AFORS?

Really sorry to hear that you won't be getting your flying medical back, John.
    X-air pilot
    Previously owned flexwings, incl. Quantum 15-582 and Flylight Dragonfly.

Comment

Aye - got more chance of doing a tango on the moon I am afraid..

Still.. Have done stacks and met a great lot of cracking people.. And some 3 axis pilots too ;-)

See you at Spamfield no doubt. First time by car :-(. Will have Mrs. M and Matthew with me.

Have put my old Ozee in the skip - a bit tatty. Got my Icom to get shot of but with the change to 7.33 I don't suppose it's worth a great lot.

Comment

Zulu India is sorry to hear that John, as am I.
        Sean McDonald

Comment

Sean - are you going to Spammers this year?

Comment

I had a custom trailer for ZI. It was borrowed by a guy from Felixkirk and never returned..

Ruddy TGB

Comment

Not entirely sure as yet. Need to get over the water and I don't have a bath more than half full...!

John Moore wrote: Sean - are you going to Spammers this year?
              Sean McDonald

Comment

Sean,

You need to get you self down to Sandown as a priority. If you don't, you will realise one day that you are too bloody old to do it !

There are lots of pilots flying down from your neck of the woods, so why not join a group and make an adventure of it ?

You would have a great time for sure.

Hell.....I may even go myself !

Comment

Well said.

I would say the engine does not know its over water.. but when I first got that engine the dizzy arm was held on with areldite.. Then again it was not that which caused the small bump ;o)

Clive Innocent wrote: Sean,

You need to get you self down to Sandown as a priority. If you don't, you will realise one day that you are too bloody old to do it !

There are lots of pilots flying down from your neck of the woods, so why not join a group and make an adventure of it ?

You would have a great time for sure.

Hell.....I may even go myself !

Comment

So sorry to hear that John, come to Kenya, I'm sure there would be a way around the medical here LOL

Comment

Time to take up foot launch then John!

Comment

Sorry to read that John, you and big Cottle feller got this flex jockey out of the local circuit back in the mid 1990s, but there might be a useful role still?

Last year had a minor health issue that meant no Aviation while checks were made, a bod who was obviously a capable pilot had an issue taking the first trips out of the usual area, so asked for a back-seat passenger along who'd been further. Didn't contribute that much, as Mike was entirely capable and as suspected, needed no real help. The only input was to suggest getting above the thermals to save energy and avoid tiredness errors, and advice on radio.

With your experience both fixed wing and weightshift, you would make a cracking long trip advisor for folk wanting to travel out of their comfort zone, and your (ahem) blunt speaking keep them out of bother?

Kev
                        G-KEVA
                        BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

R.J. Mitchell :- Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire

Comment

John, don't completely give up hope completely yet.
                          When you say you are going to Spamfield by car, I assume that your driving licence has not been pulled.
                          Unless things have changed, the CAA are due to publish reduced Medical requirements, based upon having a driving licence, for some categories, . Next month I believe.

Comment

The DVLA distance test - no worries.. The DVLA field test.. scraped though on the second attempt. However I know that in low light, or under strip lights for some reason I either cannot see sufficiently or, with the strip lights, end up with a massive bad head very quickly.

I do drive again now. I was banned for six months (90% blind for the first month) after the brain op.. now ok due to passing the field test etc. So while I do drive I do not at night so the wife will do the first leg until the sun comes up. Evening trips to the pub are either on foot, on the push bike or a taxi (wx dependant).

Travel insurance has been pulled too so cannot even head off to the apartment in the sun.. so no paraffin burning budgie until October or annual ration of a cruise.. Have to make do with a week on the Isle of Wight in a Cheverton Copse caravan.

If I pushed the doc on the letter of the rules I am sure I would be signed as fit to fly but I know to do so would be an incredibly stupid thing to do. Had it just been, as was for so many years, just my neck then hey... but with a 4 year old son who needs a Dad..?

Memory and concentration have also taken a huge pounding. Particularly short term memory.

I continue to keep an interest where able with a passing interest in Spamfield by the skin of my teeth and as Chairman of North Yorkshire Flying Club.. although thats just an honorary post bless them for their kindness.

I note in the sterilised interpretation of Council minutes they are still bleating on that the BMAA have the sole call on Spamfield. Boils my p*ss.. So I cannot fly, no aircraft, had to sell the business, had a bloody coma and a month in dock and they still whinge on about the ownership of sodding Spamfield. Never mind the declining membership against ever increasing costs.

Will someone give the tosser a kick ( never could recall his name ) and tell him to get a grip on what really matters in life.. (and it aint him).

With getting the driving licence back I can continue my interest of driving and firing steam trains on the South Tynedale Railway ( youtube.. you will find it.. ) and my 30 foot Mediterranean greenhouse..

So anyway - thanks Wally but this time I know the job has gone rats.. Fortunately I have great friends in Scouting, the Railway and microlighting (with the exception of most on Council it would appear).

... thats the only bit that saddens me.

Wally Hayward wrote: John, don't completely give up hope completely yet.
                            When you say you are going to Spamfield by car, I assume that your driving licence has not been pulled.
                            Unless things have changed, the CAA are due to publish reduced Medical requirements, based upon having a driving licence, for some categories, . Next month I believe.

Comment

Working...
                            X