Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

got a two seat tail-dragger and a big heart, anyone? (East Anglia based)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my engines go off I flap that fast I can climb in any case...

Comment

John Moore wrote: When my engines go off I flap that fast I can climb in any case...
      hahaha :lol:
      X-air pilot
      Previously owned flexwings, incl. Quantum 15-582 and Flylight Dragonfly.

Comment

I suppose you have to ask yourself if flexwing designers have made any progress since the early 1990s. I'd say they have.

Handling on something like FoxCub is light years ahead, but YMMV...

Comment

My impression is that trike development has been huge, where fixed wing really hasn't developed anything like as fast; and in fact I wonder if fixed wing has really come on at all for a long time?
          X-air pilot

Comment

Everything just got fat and heavy.

Comment

Leave it with me Peter, I'll have a word with Brian and between us we should be able to come up with something non instructional.

What is your availablity, some weekdays or all weekend or just one wekend day?

Comment

Would you, Ginge? That is marvellous. Thank you.

You will know from Joan that I am far from a talented pilot, so I may have a taster and decide to leave it until I am more confident as a fixed wing pilot, having only recently converted. But I just want to see how feasible all this is.

I am self employed, so almost anything is possible with a bit of notice. Thanks. Am away for a week, now, but afterwards I am flexible.
                Cheers
                X-air pilot

Comment

Ian White wrote: Everything just got fat and heavy.
                  I agree. And I think that it is making microlighting into a poor man's GA. Some of us actually prefer the idea of microlighting as a re-connection with pioneering flight. carpeting and heaters are anathema.
                  X-air pilot

Comment

I'll send a PM Peter

Comment

Peter Eveleigh wrote:
                      Originally posted by John Moore
                      Q's are good especially with a 462. Not flown a Dragonfly.. they always look over priced beside proper machines like an Alpha.
                      The Dragonfly really is a wonderful experience but I do think they are expensive new. Second hand ones are a good option, though. The Alpha cannot possibly compete for buoyancy/ glide or soaring. But they are not the same sort of thing.
                      If you can find a way to make them cheaper then I am all ears - we dream of a profit!

Paul

Comment

Paul Dewhurst wrote:
                        Originally posted by Peter Eveleigh
                        Q's are good especially with a 462. Not flown a Dragonfly.. they always look over priced beside proper machines like an Alpha.
                        The Dragonfly really is a wonderful experience but I do think they are expensive new. Second hand ones are a good option, though. The Alpha cannot possibly compete for buoyancy/ glide or soaring. But they are not the same sort of thing.
                        If you can find a way to make them cheaper then I am all ears - we dream of a profit!

Paul
                        I'd take a leaf out of Steve Wilson's book and do away with skirts, fibreglass panels and in-flight retracts. They all look sexy, but ultimately what makes it fly so beautifully is the wing. Its other appeal is the compactness...the way you have designed it to fold up.

I know it was fairly agricultural, but I don't know what you thought of the idea of my bolt on narrow gauge trolley (see link to my blog below), but it meant you could wheel it through doorways, so keep it in house. Chris Jones did something similar and more lightweight in aluminium. Ground handling and transportability are factors that appeal.

http://tinworm-wings.blogspot.co.uk/...q=narrow+gauge
                        X-air pilot

Comment

I would say the Dragonfly is the best value machine I have ever bought for smiles to the pound. As Peter so brilliantly put it above, isn't that what it's supposed to be about?

...and Steve Wilson's machine became mine last year. Glad it never had fairings as I would never have bothered fitting them. Simplicity, that's what I like... although I do retract the gear though.

Comment

Love my dragon so much I'm building a spare one!

Comment

Paul Dewhurst wrote:
                              Originally posted by Peter Eveleigh

Paul
                              Not expensive when compared to new 2 seat machines, and if you want to compare cost, compare with the price of a new Alpha in 1988! Comparing value on the other hand, is relevant. Alpha is a lot of aeroplane for the money.

John: if you're looking at Alphas, there are a few for sale at East Fortune, one is a 503 Alpha, one a 582 Alpha, and the other is a 503 Mercury, info here: http://forums.bmaa.org/default.aspx?f=25&m=144922

David.

Comment

Peter Eveleigh wrote: ..... narrow gauge trolley (see link to my blog below), but it meant you could wheel it through doorways, so keep it in house.
                                I would never get away with that!

Comment

Working...
                                X