Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do the new NPPL medical requirements come into force.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do the new NPPL medical requirements come into force.

https://www.caa.co.uk/News/Changes-to-private-pilot-medical-requirements-announced/

It does say late summer 2016...any more news on this subject.
    "When once you have tasted flight...you will forever walk with your eyes turned skywards..."

https://www.youtube.com/user/nickjaxe/videos.

25 August

Comment

Fantastic...thanks Geoff.

So is it just download the form fill in and sign yourself.
      "When once you have tasted flight...you will forever walk with your eyes turned skywards..."

https://www.youtube.com/user/nickjaxe/videos.

Comment

I think it is an online form. They are finalising the IT.

Comment

Hi Geoff

I posted a question on the BMAA web contact form but so far no response. Just wondering if my recently renewed group 1 medical, countersigned by GP, will cover me to carry a passenger from 25th August. I don't see anything in the ANO to preclude this but would appreciate a second opinion.

Regards
          Alwyn

Comment

I've been of sick this week so chances are the question is waiting for me to get back.
            Off the top of my head I think you might have to get a new declaration to remove the restriction, but until the full details are published it's all only guesswork.

Comment

Geoff Weighell wrote: ........
              Off the top of my head I think you might have to get a new declaration to remove the restriction, but until the full details are published it's all only guesswork.
              This stipulation obviously couldn't be applied to people who don't have a current declaration, either new pilots or those whose old declarations have expired by the time they complete the online form

Comment

If you read all the detail, you will see that it may be MORE difficult to be able to fly if you have had medical problems. OK for those with no medical history, they save money and dont have to get their GP to countersign, but a lot of others seem to need an AME report that will cost more than a GP and take time.

Comment

I note on my latest insurance proposal/renewal for the Minicab (GA), it requires me to ensure none of the proposed pilots have a condition that would preclude a Class II medical. Now there's a 'get-out'...
                  Dave

Comment

The form's up again (see the BMAA News item)

Direct link here

If you use a Mac, you'll probably suffer from "disappearing pdf form" syndrome. Fill the pdf out, select print, save as pdf and then send the resulting pdf off to the people who have decided that Internet Explorer is a good thing.

RobH
                    Rob Hughes
                    BMAA Member

Comment

My current GP signed declaration is still valid, however I have been reading about the new regime as it will obviously affect me in the future.
                      i've just had a look at the new form and note the following.

Guidance notes S1
                      "You may not use it to fly outside the UK"

How do we go about flying to France or beyond with the new declaration?

Martin

Comment

Rob Hughes wrote: The form's up again (see the BMAA News item)

Direct link here

If you use a Mac, you'll probably suffer from "disappearing pdf form" syndrome. Fill the pdf out, select print, save as pdf and then send the resulting pdf off to the people who have decided that Internet Explorer is a good thing.

RobH
                        Or you can use Browserstack. You would be able to complete the form using their free trial. The product is excellent for work where I and about 4 others have gone entirely Mac and need to run Internet Explorer occasionally (our Lloydslink bank system for instance). Browserstack used to be cheap but they seem to have put their prices up. Looks like the cheapest long term deal you can have is about 15 per month.
                        Mike

Comment

Martin,
                          Don't worry about the medical only being valid in the UK. It has always been so, as is your aircraft's Permit to Fly.

Donald

Comment

Internet Explorer is close to end of life. The punters will need to find an alternative, like, for example, a proper browser.

Comment

But the old NPPL self-certification medical was accepted across Europe for MICROLIGHT operation. Are the various foreign CAAs going to still accept the new medical when it hasn't been ratified by a GP?
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X