No announcement yet.

New Medical Declaration Total Cockup..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Medical Declaration Total Cockup..

Forgive me for being confused....

The new medical certification was supposed to be that if you were fit to hold a current UK driving licence then it was a simple matter of certifying you fit to fly.

So who cocked up in the consultation process to let them stipulate a whole list of secondary requirements which will require you to apply for a full air medical and pay for it?

Who agreed to the wording of these requirements IF YOU HAVE EVER !!!!!!!! instead of IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY .. ?

One final point.... The medical agreement is NOT valid outside the UK unless YOU reach an agreement with the relevant national regulating authority.... So theres no international negotiated recognition agreement? which makes it a worthless piece of paper.

Somebody tell me that the BMAA did not agree to this bullshit please....

Frank Thorne wrote:
    One final point.... The medical agreement is NOT valid outside the UK unless YOU reach an agreement with the relevant national regulating authority.... So theres no international negotiated recognition agreement? which makes it a worthless piece of paper.
    That is no different to the previous medical declaration, or your aircraft's permit to fly. Those countries that require a "valid medical certificate", like the Czech Republic, will be satisfied by proof that a UK pilot has a "medical" that is valid in the UK. French pilots are not required to hold any type of medical after they have obtained their licence and that seems to be recognised by our CAA, the Germans and Czechs, at least.

Admittedly, there are countries which now require a LAPL, but they wanted a Class 2 in the past, so it is a lesser requirement now.

I am not disputing that this is a mess, but it will make little difference to our flying abroad.

Comment

Geographical Limitations
      This declaration is not recognised internationally as an International Civil Aviation Organization (I CAO) medical certificate. You may not
      use it to fly outside of the UK, unless YOU have obtained advanced permission from the relevant aviation authority of the country being
      overflown.

It is the wording...... Our licensing authority, THE CAA, invalidates the medical certificate abroad no matter if another country nominally accepts its validity unless YOU personally get advanced permission. This would also invalidate your insurance presumably so needs further clarification.

Comment

How does that differ from a Permit to Fly, which reads " This Permit to Fly issued pursuant to the Air Navigation Order, hereby permits this aircraft to fly within Unitef Kingdom airspace only without Certificate of Airworthiness being in force thereof. This permission to fly within the United Kingdom airspace does not constitute a Certificate of Airworthiness issued pursuant to the Convention on International Aviation dated 7 December 1944."

YOU are authorised to fly abroad by a blanket permit, as issued by the Netherlands, France, Germany, Czech Republic, etc. or by an individual permit as issued by Spain, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, etc.

Comment

The difference is in the text..... The Permit to fly does not state you cannot fly outside the UK.
          The medical declaration as written states there is no agreement in place for other countries legislative authorities to recognise this declaration as an acceptable medical certificate.

My point is has anyone (CAA) asked if it will be legally accepted ..... clarification please.

Comment

There is little point in asking. The CAA clearly doesn't know what it is doing and is therefore unable to get this done correctly. Co opting somebody to help who can come up with the proper solution would be the right approach but that won't happen either.

Comment

Frank Thorne wrote: The difference is in the text..... The Permit to fly does not state you cannot fly outside the UK.
              The medical declaration as written states there is no agreement in place for other countries legislative authorities to recognise this declaration as an acceptable medical certificate.

My point is has anyone (CAA) asked if it will be legally accepted ..... clarification please.
              https://www.caa.co.uk/WorkArea/Downl...?id=4294978578

CAA wrote: 3. This Approval is valid for use within lhe UK only.

Comment

Without trawling through acres of posts . Where exactly do I download this self declaration form ? Can't see anything on caa website ?

Comment

I think (I'm not an expert) that you can't do anything as simple as downloading the form. I got the impression from trawling through acres of posts that you have to fill it in on-line.

Laurie (2)

Comment

Well done Bmaa
                    Plane already up for sale

Comment

Keith this is surely a CAA cockup and carries the odour of a last minute atempt at backside cover. Perhaps it would be more productive to furnish Geoff with the reasons why it causes such a problem so he has more ammo in his negotiations with the CAA?

Comment

To download the form, click the BMAA icon at the top of this page. Look at latest news, click NPPL Medical system then click for more details. This then opens a link for the CAA form.
                        I hope this helps. Nick.

Comment

Beware theres all sorts of limitations on how you can file it as its not rolled out across all platforms ..... ROFL I thought we had got past that problem years ago but apparently not.

Comment

Frank Thorne said...
                            The difference is in the text..... The Permit to fly does not state you cannot fly outside the UK.

/www.caa.co.uk/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=4294978578

CAA said...
                            3. This Approval is valid for use within lhe UK only.

Smiling ...... 4. This Approval is not valid for use in operation within Class A, Class B or Class C airspace.

So Ermmmmm... Why do we need to change our 25 Khz to 8.33 when we cant use them where they required us to use them in the first place........ :smhair:

Comment

Because radio waves are great infringers and 25KHz signals also bleed over the 8.33KHz signals rendering them useless in the airspace we are denied.

Comment

Working...
                              X