Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hi Carl,

I paid just over 3000 for my Raven, it's the red hybrid 503 TC over near the tractor :-)

hopefully one day soon I'll actually get to fly her.....

I chose the Raven after asking ALOT of questions on the yahoo group about what was best to go for within my budget, seemed to boil down to Flash 2A or a 503 Raven, almost all the replies suggested that the Raven wing was excellent, have to to say that I've since spotted a couple of 462 Q's and Quasers which looked good.

I've got a lesson booked for sunday afternoon, nothing booked saturday but might show up if I'm bored at work, not yet sure about the xmas doo, see what happens.

Graham.

Comment

Hello

Hi Peter,

I qualified the bit about vacant slots by saying Solo Lessons. If you have a few students at the level of flying Solo it is possible to have more students in the air than there are school aircraft. I am not an instructor so I do not know what the requirements are, but I believe by the way schools operate that the instructor must be n the ground if a student flying solo is in the air. I do not think there is any requirement that the instructor only has one student flying. It would be good if an instructor replied to clear this up.

Whether it is right or wrong; I can assure you the students where I learned; did so a lot faster with their own aircraft.

Trevor

Comment

Hello

Hi Peter,

I'm doing weightshift training, but after having a shot in Alistairs plane, flexwing seems alot of fun too.

Thanks for the offer of a flyabout when your plane is up and running again.

Cheers

Carl

Comment

Hello

I bought my flexwing quite early on in my training because I got a bit fed up of waiting for my instructors engine to be fixed which seemed to take weeks. Also I had a cancelled lesson due to his headset battery going flat on take off!

There are so many reasons for not flying in the early days of flexwing training that having your own is a great advantage. Yes it cost more but as with most things, you get what you pay for. Also, if you buy a popular trike, like an XL it'll hold it's value. If you buy in the winter and sell in the spring you may sell it for what you paid for it!

Best of luck with the training

Comment

Hello

Just to say Hi to everyone. Although I was the fourth or fifth member to join this egroup I stopped checking it last year so it comes as quite a surprise to see how many people are posting to these forums. Be interesting to see how the seperate thread/forum thing works compared to the main egroup.

Best wishes to all.

Laurie

Comment

Hello

Hi Jeremy. I never felt that. I reeeeeelly dont want to be contentious but there will allways be those that post a lot, and those that dont. The ones that peeved me most were those that didnt post except to complain about those that did, and the one or two (well, probably one really) who posts endlessly about almost nothing.

Whatever, its good to see you posting and involved in the microlighting scene. ;-)

Laurie

Comment

Hello

Hi Dean,

Any chance you can send me those practice exam papers that you talked about above.

Email is taylorcarl@hotmail.com

Cheers

Carl

Comment

Working...
                X