X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Dimmock
    replied
    image_211.pngimage_212.pngimage_213.pngimage_214.png

Taking the ongoing lockdown into account and the "expected" no-recreational flying, I was amazed when I looked on Freedar today to identify an aircraft flying nearby to also see several other GA aircraft in the air. The attached are screenshots taken at midday today. All seem to be either flying circuits or cross-country bimbling.

Comments welcome!
    Last edited by Frank Dimmock; 19th April 2020, 22:38.

Leave a comment:

• Ginge Sunley
    replied
    You ask and it's granted, wow, I wish I could do that!

Leave a comment:

• Frank Dimmock
    replied
    Yup, you got it - Sod's law in one!

I just hope the CAA are kind and allow some sort of stay of execution for permits and revals, maybe solo only until the requirements are satisfied within say 3 or six months. Hopefully when the relaxation of the stay-at-home restrictions arrive we can get airborne again, maybe with caveats.
    Last edited by Frank Dimmock; 7th April 2020, 20:19.

Leave a comment:

• Ginge Sunley
    replied
    You two make me feel lucky, and that takes some doing stuck in looking at some of the best flying weather in months

Leave a comment:

• Pete Twissell
    replied
    I'm with you there Frank. My reval is due this year and I haven't flown in over a year, since an engine failure.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Dimmock
    replied
    I wish I hadn't seen this thread as I had hoped to fly solo on Wednesday from my private home grass strip that has only just dried out after an awful wet winter. I haven't flown for months and the permit is due in June and my reval in September - Basically I feel completely stuffed!!
    Last edited by Frank Dimmock; 6th April 2020, 21:44.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Twissell
    replied
    My DR1 model is 18" span and I could hide it behind some of the molehills! However, with the much reduced traffic I may be able to use the tarmac runway (road).

Leave a comment:

• Ginge Sunley
    replied
    That reminds me of a chap that got his license with Joan at North Weald and then went to Argentina. He took his Thruster with him and made his own strip on his farm in the local version of the outback. His biggest problem turned out to be anthills, which he said could spring up overnight. Given the difference in scale I'd have thought that it was a similar problem.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Twissell
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginge Sunley View Post
    By the time all this is finished Pete I expect that you'll have a complete mini airfield off mown grass all complete.
    Any idea of a mown airfield is immediately scuppered by our giant, hyperactive moles.

Leave a comment:

• Ginge Sunley
    replied
    By the time all this is finished Pete I expect that you'll have a complete mini airfield off mown grass all complete.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Twissell
    replied
    I am fortunate in that I have a very large area of common land directly in front of my house, so I can fly my models there as a legitimate form of local exercise.
    I've already seen another model flyer out there this week. He was definitely getting plenty of exercise, spending more time walking to retrieve his model than actually flying it.
    It's not the same as flying my Thruster (which is still grounded anyway), but it's something.

Leave a comment:

• Ginge Sunley
    replied
    Whilst it would undoubtedly be good for my metal health I suspect that would be regarded as a lost cause anyway .

Leave a comment:

• Geoff Weighell
    started a topic Government supports a halt to ga flying

Government supports a halt to ga flying

The Government has published its opinion on continuation of recreational flying in the current situation.
    https://www.bmaa.org/information-lib...-to-ga-flying-
    Flying is not banned but it is not expected to continue.
Working...
X