No announcement yet.

Licence validity extensions published.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence validity extensions published.

Please see the news item at this link. https://www.bmaa.org/information-lib...ity-extensions

Thanks Geoff, that will be a great relief to a lot of folks, but they do need to read it.

Comment

The CAA has republished the exemption document that enables extensions of certain licence privileges. It is a little clearer. The new version of the document can be found here. http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ORS4No1378.pdf

Comment

Geoff,

A quick couple of questions if I may.

1. I have an NPPL licence which needs signing for me to be able to keep flying my SSDR aircraft. The licence will need revalidating by August, but due to circumstances I may not be able to get in enough hours before my licence runs out. So am I right in thinking that according to the CAA, I'll have an extra 3 months or thereabouts in which to make up the necessary hours?

2. It's my 70th birthday in September. I'm not quite sure what happens about my medical declaration when I become 70, so any advice you can give me will be gratefully received.

XL's forever! Well, one of them anyway. It's all I can afford, not to mention the Raven and the Mini-Max. Oh, and I almost forgot the Spectrum as well :-)

Comment

Bob,
          Looking at past posts, I think Geoff uses this forum as a broadcast medium rather than for two way communication. Based on my past experience as a BMAA Council member who chose to engage on the forums, I don't blame him one jot. (It's 10 years ago that - how time flies.)

As far as I can tell about your questions,
          Question 1) re ORS 1378
          1) your NPPL comes under article 157 of the Air Navigation Order, so the exemption applies
          2) your validity expires, you tell us, within the date range specified
          3) confirms in 3) (i) that an NPPL comes under the exemption
          4) the SSDR aeroplane you wish to fly under meets the requirements of (i)
          5) your rating (microlight) is valid after 16th March, 2020 - up to August - but is due to lapse befor 31st October, 2020, so (i) applies, (ii) is not applicable; and therefore your validity may be extended to ... see 9)
          6) you are not seeking to extend an examiner privilege, so not applicable
          7) I assume you are not flying on a class 1, class 2, or LAPL medical certificate, so not applicable
          8) bla bla
          9) valid to 22nd November, 2020

Notes:
          1) bla bla
          2) the people to ask are ga.ga@caa.co.uk
          3) it might all change
          4) a) you need a briefing by phone or email or whatever; and the instructor/examiner (?? is that '/' mean 'and' or 'or'?? eg I'm an R examiner but not an instructor) needs to send an email, fax, or letter, or endorse your log book depending on whether they prefer (i), or (ii), (iii), and you need to keep a copy of ORS1378 in your logbook.
          b) you don't need to comply with EASA part MED because of ORS1378 7) above; you're on a CAA self-declare medical
          5) bla bla
          6) bla bla, unless you want to fly abroad.
          7) see elsewhere [https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-recreational-general-aviation/coronavirus-covid-19-recreational-general-aviation]

Question 2 re medical certificate
          See note 4 b) above - I think you are on a CAA self-certification medical so you just need to renew it online as described here [https://www.caa.co.uk/General-Aviati...private-pilots/]

So, easy really

I think I need to get out more.
          Last edited by Joan Walsh; 26th April 2020, 11:08.
          The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
          R examiner and TST pilot.
          and now a Tai Chi instructor

Comment

Bob,
            I sent you a long and carefully worded response - the system has classed it as spam so we'll need to wait for a moderator to approve it
            The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
            R examiner and TST pilot.
            and now a Tai Chi instructor

Comment

1. I have an NPPL licence which needs signing for me to be able to keep flying my SSDR aircraft. The licence will need revalidating by August, but due to circumstances I may not be able to get in enough hours before my licence runs out. So am I right in thinking that according to the CAA, I'll have an extra 3 months or thereabouts in which to make up the necessary hours?

That's right Bob, although you must have received the Instructor Briefing to continue to fly between August expiry date and the extension, 22 November.

2. It's my 70th birthday in September. I'm not quite sure what happens about my medical declaration when I become 70, so any advice you can give me will be gratefully received.

Just go to the CAA website and make a further declaration, that will last another three years.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
              X