RbR trace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RbR trace

Sorry guys - it was my fault for not uploading them correctly.

Try again. www.roundbritainrally.org

Comment

RbR trace

Thanks John...(and Bill)...

It works now.

Some amazing tracks on there.....especially given the conditions.

And what a difference in fortune the competitors had.....some sitting it out....and others covering so much ground.

Well done to all.

Pete B :-)

Comment

RbR trace

John,

My trace isnt right. It looks like a duplicate of mr hilton trace above.

Cheers,

Ian

Comment

RbR trace

This could be a good idea...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21140526

I wonder how much the units would cost to buy or hire?

Comment

RbR trace

180 euros according to this site: http://www.pigeongps.com/index-en.htm
            but there are others to be seen in this search: https://www.google.com/search?q=pigeon+gps+tracker&ie=UTF-8&sa=Search&channel=fe&client=browser-ubuntu&hl=en

Comment

RbR trace

Always open to new ideas ) Live tracking with upload to a website was another but that was horrendously expensive.

If everyone was enlightened enough to own an iPhone we could probably use the Find Friends app?

Comment

RbR trace

Oh - and I have had one resignation from the RBR from someone who objected to the new forum policy..

Comment

RbR trace

John Moore (1595) wrote: Oh - and I have had one resignation from the RBR from someone who objected to the new forum policy..
                  I too object to the policy. However as I am a member until the end of the year I fully plan on participating. After I don't renew I won't be able to enter so it will be my last for a while!!

Comment

RbR trace

John Moore (1595) wrote:
                    Oh - and I have had one resignation from the RBR from someone who objected to the new forum policy..
                    Is that called "Cutting off your nose to spite your face?"

Or just "an empty threat"

Teddys and prams come to mind ;-)

John

Comment

RbR trace

John Otter wrote:
                      Originally posted by John Moore (1595)
                      Is that called "Cutting off your nose to spite your face?"

Or just "an empty threat"

Teddys and prams come to mind ;-)

John
                      Neither John but you free to think what you like. I am struggling to see the benefit of BMAA membership:
                      1. The permit. I am in a syndicate so not all of us need a BMAA membership.
                      2. The magazine. EBay for a couple of pounds.
                      3. The forum. Now using other forums
                      4. The RBR. I'll do this year and not the next few years. This is the one thing I will miss, but hey ho.

Comment

RbR trace

Anyway, according to MF it's going to be the BMAA Cross Country Challenge this year.

Sounds good. Hope it works out well.

Joan

Comment

RbR trace

there is still the RbR - the Cross Country Challenge is in addition not in replacement of :smilewinkgrin:

Joan Walsh wrote:
                          Anyway, according to MF it's going to be the BMAA Cross Country Challenge this year.

Sounds good. Hope it works out well.

Joan

Comment

RbR trace

[quote=Kirk Sutton]
                            there is still the RbR - the Cross Country Challenge is in addition not in replacement of :smilewinkgrin: Ah, OK. Misunderstood.
                            It's instead of the USSR, innit.

Is the XCchallenge going to get its own forum slot or share this (or none at all)?

Comment

RbR trace

Ian, I hope that you don't think I was refering to you? I was replying to John Moore who said that someone else had pulled out of the RbR in "protest."

John

Comment

RbR trace

John Otter wrote: Ian, I hope that you don't think I was refering to you? I was replying to John Moore who said that someone else had pulled out of the RbR in "protest."

John
                                Hi John,
                                I did think you we're meaning me but I honestly wasn't bothered :-) . I am really struggling to justify my BMAA membership when I fundamentally disagree with the councils decision. Voting with my feet may help reverse this decision in some way.
                                Who know, stranger things have happened, such as my winning the RBR Novice Silver category last year :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                                X