', '', '*finish; and
      *have a fully servicable plane at the end; and
      * have fun
      ').'")."n
    "'
    what I got was:

'"
    • n".self:rocess_list_items("'.str_replace('
      ', '', '*Nearly dies of food poisining (nothing to do with the night in the pub in Westonzoyland :rofl: )
      *Total electrical failure ... twice ... including an unplanned non-radio landing in Swansea much to the distress of the controller
      * Finished and had fun with a plane that still flew home (albeit without much electrics ... and the only non-electric instrument in mine is the compass and it was still working :lol:
      ').'")."n
    "'
    This year I am upping the target, I am doing 1-3 of the plan from last year, avoiding 1-2 of the actuals and aiming to have a trace that looks like something recognisable - bit like join the dots with a purpose.

My planning as of today has me flying a pattern that is a join-the-dots witch flying a broomstick - only time will tell if the trace I fly looks anything like this.

What have any others seen in the join the dots planning of their flights for this year?

How about up front declaration of what we think it will be and a bit of fun after the event looking at the traces and seeing how close we came to what it was supposed to be?

Hope this is the image:

if not then:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

RbR trace

Good plan Kirk. I was going for the random scribble of a toddler drawing a spider's web!

Comment

RbR trace

I remain determined to get to Barton next wednesday. Beyond that, anything further is a bonus ;-)

Comment

RbR trace

I will see you there, this year I'm flying P2 / navman in a SKR (no GPS!).

Hopefully we will win it.
        :lol:

Comment

RbR trace

So, you're confident about finding Barton eh?

Comment

RbR trace

The engineers prayer keeps rolling round inside my head.
            "Please lord, don't let me f**k up!"

Comment

RbR trace

My directional consultant has drawn a line across his Little Chef roadmap from the Wash to Anglesy. Above that he has made the notation "Here be dragons" Should I be concerned ?

Comment

RbR trace

Bill

I though the whole of Wales was occupied by red dragons? :smhair: In which case shouldn't your line go from the Wash to Hawarden, then down to Chepstow?

regards

Alan

Comment

RbR trace

Well, that just goes to show that maybe I should be concerned. I will refer your question to my chap :-)

Comment

RbR trace

So long as it is the CURRENT 2012 little chef maps I'm sure you'll be fine ;-)

Comment

RbR trace

Good point, I shall see if I can get one. I did notice that my 1985 copy didn't have the new bypass.

Comment

RbR trace

Can other people view the 2012 aircraft traces?

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B_b6t7ONNblebEMyTzFTWGxLT28/edit?pli=1

I just get a screen full of code...

Comment

RbR trace

Me too.

Screen full of code.

Comment

RbR trace

It took me a while to get my head around it.
                            I downloaded the waypoints kml file and then my log files. Then I opened google earth.

When in google earth, Open them via the menu bar at top left. it's fairly user-friendly

I suspect the exact way of opening them in GE will depend on which operatimg system you have.

Comment

RbR trace

Thanks Bill - I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
                              X