Rotax 912ULs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotax 912ULs

It seems another bunch of Rotax(es) have been nicked. Below copy of text posted on the LAA forum:

Three 912ULS were stolen from Otherton on the night of Saturday 22nd. The B******s who did this knew what they were looking for and how to remove the engines from the three aircraft. They were not just cut off. I suppose we should be grateful that no damage was done to the airframes. This theft must have been planned by people who are familiar with Otherton and the aircraft based there. The engines were some of the lowest houred on the airfield. The engine belonging to Foxbat G-CEWR ws S/N5649348

It smells like stealing to order.

Rotax 912ULs

It seems this has already been published. Sorry folks

Comment

Rotax 912ULs

Why would anyone steal engines as they are totally traceable unless they are going overseas.
      There were a spate of thefts a couple of years ago from wing farm if memory serves these scum should have their hands cut off.

Comment

Rotax 912ULs

William it beats me why. When i see the cost of a new Rotax then i can imagine why. Even if they went overseas ie somewhere on the continent then they would turn up eventually but wouldnt be noticed as the stolen goods database probably doesnt extend that far.

Comment

Rotax 912ULs

William Russell wrote: Why would anyone steal engines as they are totally traceable unless they are going overseas.
          There were a spate of thefts a couple of years ago from wing farm if memory serves these scum should have their hands cut off.
          Hi William.

It was Not from Wing Farm. There were some stolen faily localy though.

Regards
          Mark

Comment

Rotax 912ULs

Some stolen cars turn up because of anpr cameras or police stop checks, a few others because of information and raids. i have even known of stolen cars being identified when the unsuspecting new owner went for an mot! Still a minority of professionally stolen cars are ever seen again by the rightful owners. Aircraft engines aren't checked for being stolen by anyone as far as I can see. Don't need to send them abroad just find an unscrupulous aircraft owner or operator here. 8-(

Comment

Working...
            X