Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Cornwell - (23 strips completed challenge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger,
    You certainly got about on Sunday, no fewer than 9 strips claimed !
    Terry only claimed 5 on the same day.
    It appears you both went into Finmere, and Upper Harford too, did you meet up at all ?
    Thats certainly some flying !
    JM
    (Trustee of the Bakers Dozen Syndicate)

Comment

hello John
      not problem at finmere, just need to call them first and print off the circuit diagram. no ppr call = £30
      regards
      roger

Comment

terry
        i have the inglestone co ordinates and the guys phone number at home if you want it, i am away in europe at the moment, and dont have it. Maybe Brian has a plan how to compensate for the various aircraft groups within the bmaa, we can only participate according to the rules.

BTW, what did you think of upper harford, lovely place. we must have been close flying around on sunday
        regards
        roger

Comment

Velcourt started its farming operations in 1967 farming land which belonged to other landowners.
          The Airfiled was set up by Velcourt in 1962 it was known as Velcourt by locals at that time but Velcourt farming have managed other land and have not been at this site for many years, I donít know for sure but if any of the sites they managed could be called Velcourt due to this connection, so with this news I am sorry to say that Velcourt is not a useable name
          However as Velcourt Group plc
          The Veldt House,
          Much Marcle,
          Ledbury, ?Herefordshire,
          HR8 2LJ are still based at this location for its head quarters then Velcourt is an actable V for the Alphabet Challenge. However they sold the airfield land in the 90s and it was sold again.

As Velcourt donít own the land it can only count as Preston Cross or Ledbury

You can put in your post: Preston Cross formally know as Velcourt
          But you canít put: Velcourt now called Preston Cross or Ledbury
          The answer is Velcourt is not an acceptable V for the Alphabet Challenge.

Comment

Brain
            fair enough. as terry says, very few V's available. Can you tell me which V's are acceptable?

i misunderstood the rule that i thought said any previous name can be used.
            thanks
            roger

Comment

You can land at Terry's site as he changed it before this started, donít be down heartened as I have given you a P just read my post and taken a V, but no other person on the challenge can have that V, V is hard and thatís why I am being hard, but terry has given us all a V so itís possible for all.

Comment

Brian Searle (Alphabet Challenge) wrote:
                Donít be down heartened as I have given you a P
                I had previously logged a P, but note it has now been removed !

Who on here has ever taken the P

JM ?
                (Trustee of the Bakers Dozen Syndicate)

Comment

Brian
                  so everyone has to go to Terry's V as the only one open to all fliers. i'll work to the rules, however, i am trying to work out if we all have a level playing field of opportunity to get a V. maybe would have been better to omit the V, as you did for other letters.
                  roger

Comment

I know of 4 V sites there may be more you donít have to land at Terryís to get a V and yes it is unfair on some people like you posted before, life is unfair. The challenge is set and some people have more advantage based on where they live and what aircraft they have and age plays a part. But the Alphabet Challenge has this under control, thatís why it donít matter is you fly a £50,000 hot ship or a cheap 2nd hand £1000 setup, if youíre Working 40 hour for £250 or have over £2000 coming in each week. Goals are set for the big prizes and they don't necessarily include landing at a site starting with the letter V. the only reason you need to complete all the letters is a personal one or if you want that trophy.

Comment

Brian

good to hear that prizes will cover the various groups, locations and experience within microlighting. i am probably toward the hotship end these days, having spent a very long and enjoyable time at the £1000 end (which i regulary hanker after). You (me) still need to find new challenges regardless of the aircraft you fly, and this task provides such a challenge, and i am very pleased to be able to participate. Much talk from many sources on the famous V no more to be said. i'll look for those 4 V's

roger

Comment

Lets see your track into Valence Roger, Id love to see which way you went in.

Terry

Comment

Terry

via dorking VRP to the north, i'll try to find out how to down load track from GPS, plenty of pics though. Landed about 11 after an early start to Yatesbury, Hook, Jackrells farm then up the west side of gatwick zone and down into the surface zone from dorking. They hold you over the north terminal for visual confirmation, then clear you into vallance. Managed to log on and post my completed details at Vallance after landing.

Was met by Peter Vallance, a great guy with a lot of old aircraft and a museum built up over 20+ years

Then Popham for lunch, a great and unusual days flying

Roger

ps pic of me today at Vallance next to one of the shackletons, part of the museam, and with an easyjet close to the gatwick threshold. Also, pic on the way in, getting close to gatwick...

Attached files

Comment

Congratulation Roger you are the first to complete the Alphabet Challenge 2011 post date at 19/03/2011 @ 11:25

Can you just confirm landing times for today's flights please.

Comment

Brian
                              landing times approx
                              Yatesbury 8.30 available to Validate with Tony Hughes 07836 554554
                              Hook 9.30 available to Validate with Alan White 07801 149389
                              Jackrells 10.10 available to Validate with Mike Hallam 07941160973
                              Vallence 11.00-11.10 ish available to Validate with Peter Vallance as below

after landing, Peter vallance took me into their classroom, where i hooked up to the internet and posted my completion details, which was 11.25 according to the post, so i guess i landed about 15 mins beforehand. We signed the book but no requirement to put a time as i recall. i was in the presence of other pilots, maybe they have more accurate records if its neccessary.
                              Maybe Peter Vallance made a note of times, call him if you need to on 07836 666817 to confirm the above account should it need to be independantly confirmed.
                              regards
                              roger

Comment

Well Done Roger I just wanted justification as 11:25 seemed early in the day. You are now the winner of the Alphabet Challenge 2011 Trophy you can keep taking part maybe just to get airfields further away and keep it going you canít win prize 4 as your letter R is counted as of this date but you can edit any other letter to give yourself a chance to win other goals.

Winner of the Alphabet Challenge 2011 Trophy claimed 19/03/2011 @ 11:25

Comment

Working...
                                X