Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roger Cornwell - (23 strips completed challenge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied

well done again Roger you won prize 1

Leave a comment:

• Andrea Bartolo
    replied

Roger Cornwell wrote: If you think i cheated, you have a different opinion to the person that made up the challenge and rules.
    Ask the organiser, but as you say you dont care, and rather just post some boll...cks like this.

And get my name right if you want to complain, you non BMAA member
    Oh I see :nono: As you think I am not a BMAA member I am not allowed to post what I think ? I hope you are happy that you have just cheated Terry Vinyer out of his rightful position as the winner. Shame on you :shocked:

If you are an example of the British flyer I can see why our latest member at Voghera speaks so venominously about the BMAA in part :blush:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

If you think i cheated, you have a different opinion to the person that made up the challenge and rules.
    Ask the organiser, but as you say you dont care, and rather just post some boll...cks like this.

And get my name right if you want to complain, you non BMAA member

Leave a comment:

• Andrea Bartolo
    replied

Far be it for me to question the competitors in the race to finish this challenge, however it seems that Roger Cornwall only registered his interest early in this month and now seems to have flown to every letter on the challenge.

Using airfields that he had visited prior to registering smacks of someone who is trying to pull the wool over someones eyes or was he deploying a cunning plan.

To me it seems that Terry Vinyer has played by the rules and others have not. Oh this is all too confusing to me. Looks like Terry Vinyer also finished on same date as Roger Cornwall and registered his claim at a later time than Roger. Seem unfair that someone played by the rules and lost and someone who possibly cheated won.

TBH why do I care I am not even BMAA member

Leave a comment:

• mikehallam
    replied

Actually Roger, Valentine's Farm is at Hook but NOT the same 'HOOK'. with the power lines
    It's engraved on my heart as the field I trashed my Jodel in 1997.

Anyway well done & a pleasure to be in a tiny way involved.

Meanwhile Jackrell's Farm, shortly after you flew off, had four a/c, including a 337 powered Chaser do the Hampshire Microlight Flying Group's fly round to Dunsfold, Sandown & home.

mike

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

oh i did not know that about Hook, could have saved a lot of grief!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Well done again Roger and the funny thing is the site you landed at called Hook is also known as Valentines farm.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thank you Tom and John.

Maybe an enquiry, but not from the stewards.

Leave a comment:

• John Mundy
    replied

Congratulations Roger,
    I hear there is a stewards enquiry though?
    JM

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Well done Roger.

Tom

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thank you Brian, i updated the days times above with phone numbers of the people i met on the ground at all places, in case anyone wants to check it out.

i had the foresight to take my laptop and log in at Vallance as mentioned before, as i could image it being a close run thing,

i'll check the rules to see what other prizes are up for grabs, but i am delighted to have won the "first to finish" prize, as that was my goal.
    regards
    roger

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Well Done Roger I just wanted justification as 11:25 seemed early in the day. You are now the winner of the Alphabet Challenge 2011 Trophy you can keep taking part maybe just to get airfields further away and keep it going you canít win prize 4 as your letter R is counted as of this date but you can edit any other letter to give yourself a chance to win other goals.

Winner of the Alphabet Challenge 2011 Trophy claimed 19/03/2011 @ 11:25

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Brian
    landing times approx
    Yatesbury 8.30 available to Validate with Tony Hughes 07836 554554
    Hook 9.30 available to Validate with Alan White 07801 149389
    Jackrells 10.10 available to Validate with Mike Hallam 07941160973
    Vallence 11.00-11.10 ish available to Validate with Peter Vallance as below

after landing, Peter vallance took me into their classroom, where i hooked up to the internet and posted my completion details, which was 11.25 according to the post, so i guess i landed about 15 mins beforehand. We signed the book but no requirement to put a time as i recall. i was in the presence of other pilots, maybe they have more accurate records if its neccessary.
    Maybe Peter Vallance made a note of times, call him if you need to on 07836 666817 to confirm the above account should it need to be independantly confirmed.
    regards
    roger

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Congratulation Roger you are the first to complete the Alphabet Challenge 2011 post date at 19/03/2011 @ 11:25

Can you just confirm landing times for today's flights please.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Terry

via dorking VRP to the north, i'll try to find out how to down load track from GPS, plenty of pics though. Landed about 11 after an early start to Yatesbury, Hook, Jackrells farm then up the west side of gatwick zone and down into the surface zone from dorking. They hold you over the north terminal for visual confirmation, then clear you into vallance. Managed to log on and post my completed details at Vallance after landing.

Was met by Peter Vallance, a great guy with a lot of old aircraft and a museum built up over 20+ years

Then Popham for lunch, a great and unusual days flying

Roger

ps pic of me today at Vallance next to one of the shackletons, part of the museam, and with an easyjet close to the gatwick threshold. Also, pic on the way in, getting close to gatwick...

Attached files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X