The Alphabet Challenge Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind you if you look at the front of the AFE you'll find "Alternative Airfields Names" from which John can not only claim Sywell/Northampton for an S or N as he wishes he can also claim Sackville Farm/ Risely so he can select an S. F or R. It seem though that poor ole Sutton Meadows has no alternative so it's gorra be an S or M.

Heck I just found out, after years of flying from there, that Rayne Hall Farm has the alternative of Braintree thus giving the choice of an R, H, F or B, fun innit

Ginge

Comment

Ginge,

The alphabetical options of Rayne Hall Farm (Braintree) were just too good to miss,

So I made my first visit of 2011 today.

JM
      (Trustee of the Bakers Dozen Syndicate)

Comment

Darn it I missed you, I arrived in the afternoon to do some work on DF, I hope the lads looked after you ok

Comment

Yes thanks, it was fairly quiet, but
          a couple of them were bimbling about in their Cub
          JM
          (Trustee of the Bakers Dozen Syndicate)

Comment

When I finaly got there Alan was there with his Sky Ranger

Ginge

Comment

Thanks for that clarification Brian.
              I may well join in the fun.
              Tom

Comment

I have noticed some members are adding more than one airfield for the same letter, only one airfield name is required for each letter, if you wish to add more then that’s up to you, but when I calculate the winners at the end of the competition, only the first airfield from your list for each letter can be counted, and any additional airfield names after are void for the purpose of this challenge.

If you abbreviate an airfield name in your list, then I will use what you have put, I would recommend that you do not use abbreviations as this may go against you and reduces your chance of winning.

Example 1……….. Brook Farm, Good
                Brook Fm, Not Good

Example 2…………Southampton International, Good
                Southampton, Not Good

Comment

Now that the main trophy has been won, can the winner enter into the second and subsequent prizes as well.

Comment

Terry Viner wrote: Now that the main trophy has been won, can the winner enter into the second and subsequent prizes as well.
                    They sure Can Terry, Prizes 1,2,3,4 are all worth over £100 if you had to buy them, as Roger got Prize 1 before June he cannot win prize 4 but could win prize 2,3,5.

I have just realised that there are no cover rules for prize 3 and 4, if more than one person should win Prize 3 or 4 then it will be a raffle between those persons and if no person should win prize 3 or 4 then they will go into the raffle for any BMAA member that is taking part in the Alphabet challenge.

Comment

Due to other commitments, i will not be competing further in this years challenge
                      regards
                      roger

Comment

Thank you for that Roger,
                        How are you getting on with your Eurofox submissions.

TV

Comment

With the loss of Paul Leigh from the BMAA forum I am not sure how the Alphabet Challenge will end. I am confident it will work out, but without control and Paul was the control, it may slip until things are sorted.

Comment

There shouldn't be much more to do Brian but if there is, I'm sure that Bob Perrin could help you out, the Alphabet Forum topic is fairly standard now.

Comment

All the Money raised by The Alphabet Challenge £5 registration fee will go to Tom Dawson Charity for Fly UK 2011

The Alphabet Challenge £5 registration free can now be made online at any time from now 100% will go to Fly-UK supports CHILDREN with LEUKAEMIA if you are doing The Alphabet Challenge and flyuk then you might want to donate a little more than £5
                              Thanks for all your help and the link is below.

Flyuk Site www.fly-uk.org

Direct link to donate http://www.bmycharity.com/flyuk2011

PS i have sent you all a personal message too

Comment

The Alphabet Challenge is now officially closed to any new members singing up when the clock strikes 12 this day.

Comment

Working...
                                X