The Alphabet Challenge Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which song was it they were supposed to be singing at twelve o'clock?

Brian Searle (Alphabet Challenge) wrote: The Alphabet Challenge is now officially closed to any new members singing up when the clock strikes 12 this day.
    Graham Jefferies
    BMAA member no: 6885.

Comment

Graham Jefferies (GeeJay) wrote:
      Which song was it they were supposed to be singing at twelve o'clock?

Originally posted by Brian Searle (Alphabet Challenge)
      The Alphabet Challenge is now officially closed to any new members singing up when the clock strikes 12 this day.
      This is the one :

Braved the wind to attend the microlight fly-in at Beverley on Saturday (May 21st)

Gutted when I realised I already had a B, been to Boston.

Still, I've got a memory like one of those things you strain veg with in the kitchen . .

whatever they're called, is it a caulinder ?

JM
      (Trustee of the Bakers Dozen Syndicate)

Comment

I got myself an A yesterday :hop: Chatteris > Audrey End > Clench Common > Chatteris

Need to pay Deenthope a visit them I'll have A to F complete

Comment

Go at the weekend to Deenethorpe as the cafe is open again.
          Simon sent me a text today to say that the whole place has been refubished.

Comment

I may chance the rules on prize 4 soon as June has not been great for flying for most. will give it to the 12th of July and if we donít have 4 + people with airfield for letter R in June then i will add July as well, but no change after that on this prize.

Comment

Thanks Brian I'm never going to get the R in June, havn't even done a single cross courty flight this month.

Comment

Whats this buisness about getting an R in June, Cant find anywhere that this is mentioned. please enlighten.

Terry

Comment

Terry Viner wrote: Whats this buisness about getting an R in June, Cant find anywhere that this is mentioned. please enlighten.

Terry
                  a few posts up from this one @ Posted 1/2/2011 11:18 PM (GMT +1)

Comment

Brian Searle (Alphabet Challenge) wrote:

What you can win.

1st First person to complete it gets a trophy to keep forever. If no person completes it then there will be no winner on this prize.

2nd who has the most points at close and to complete a secret task, can't say
                    now or it will be too easy. Prize will be a free permit paperwork on BMAA
                    aircraft upto max=£144

3rd. Person that fly's the shortest distance (in a straight line on the map for
                    checking )from airfield M To airfield? Gets 3 memorymap charts on CD

4th Person that flyís the longest distance from airfield starting with letter R
                    to airfield that starts with letter? (in a straight line on the map for checking)
                    and this flight must be done in the month of June only, the unknown letter can be any flight from Jan to Sep wins a 1hour flight with a flying instructor

5th A raffle of all BMAA member that take part. 4 Black Guinness T-Shirts XL and 1x 150ml bottle of Avon Skin so soft cream.

6th A CD of elocution lessons (Northern types only)

All prizes are confirmed but to protect myself I must say the prize structure is set out but the prize given may change without notice.

The BMAA can only offer a free permit to a BMAA member that is the sole registered owner of a BMAA permit type aircraft. If the winner does not meet this condition then I may swap the free permit prize for the memory map prize.

The first person to complete the Alphabet Challenge that wins the trophy cannot edit his/her post at any time after winning if this should happen before the start of June 2011.well they can edit as I have no control on that but they are excluded from prize 4 if they win prize 1 before the start of June.

full Information

Prize 1 is set and will go to the first person to get all the letters. Anyone could win this. No winner no prize.

Prize 2 is for the person with the most points, so that would be someone that has completed all letters or has the most points and also got the bonus thing that canít be told, if more than one person should achieve this then it will be a raffle between those persons. If there is no winner then the prize will go into the Raffle on prize 5

Prize 3 the person that has the shortest distance between airfields that starts with the letter M to an airfield starting with letter unknown to you, this can be a flight from your list done at anytime from January to September. Distance will be calculated at the end of the comp using memeymap using a straight line from A to B regardless of any airspace. if more than one person should achieve this With the same results then it will be a raffle between those persons. If there is no winner then the prize will go into the Raffle on prize 5

Prize 4 To win this one you will have to take off from an airfield starting with the letter R in the month of June only. At the end of the competition a distance will be calculated from the R airfield to unknown airfield letter that you have landed at between January and September. The winner will be the longest distance from R to ? Distance will be calculated at the end of the comp using memeymap using a straight line from A to B regardless of any airspace. if more than one person should achieve this With the same results then it will be a raffle between those persons. If there is no winner then the prize will go into the Raffle on prize 5

So if youíre are trying for the prize 1 and see some other person has got it before you and your first edit on the letter R was made before June then delete it if your sure you can fly from a airfield in June again starting with the letter R to give yourself another chance.

Prize 5 is a simple raffle of BMAA members taking part.

Prize 6 has been added by John Mundy, and doesn't actually exist

I think itís all 100% now but I could make a change at any time and without notice, so keep looking in for the latest info.

Only thing I want to change is have 3 more instructors to cover prize for a greater part of the UK, so if youíre an instructor and would like to help out send me a message.

Here you go Terry.

JM

Comment

I have just noticed 1 person has got a flight in June, it would be unfair on that person, if i changed the rules, so if people don't update before the end of June then i will ask the one person that has made a flight, if its OK to add July to, and its up to that person, that i will pm personally.

Comment

Thats OK Brian,
                        I am going for prize 6
                        JM

Comment

Change of Rule on Prize 4, before it was fly from an airfield starting with the letter R in the month of June only, now July is included and the two people that managed to do it in June get a 10 mile bonus, so get flying to or from, airfield starting with Letter R in July to get the chance to win. If any other people update the letter R and it was in June they too get the 10 mile bonus added.

if you don't understand this post, read back my other posts in this section, if you are still unsure send me a PM. Good luck.

I have worked out next years Alphabet Challenge and its more of a numbers thing, not sure i will manage to get such good prizes as this year, because the lack of publicity in the Microlight magazine, this has been my fault and will work harder to fix that.

Comment

Katie Denham wrote:
                            Thanks Brian I'm never going to get the R in June, havn't even done a single cross courty flight this month.
                            You want to get your arse in gear and do some then.

Simon x

Comment

I have done Simon, looks like I'm now ahead of you :turn: So maybe you should update your list with all the places you visted on fly UK :smilewinkgrin:

Comment

Katie Denham wrote: I have done Simon, looks like I'm now ahead of you :turn: So maybe you should update your list with all the places you visted on fly UK :smilewinkgrin:
                                Al sorted Katie,

Might come over on Sunday pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X