Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    The Alphabet Challenge Chat

I would also like to pass on my thanks to you Brian for all your effort and the grief you have had to put up with. Of the 15 airfields I managed to register, 10 of them I have never visited before, mostly encouraged by this challenge.

I'll give my prize to Juliet as she needs it more than me based on past experiences.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• John Mundy
    replied

Hi Brian,
    Thanks for coming up with this idea, it was good fun in 2011.
    Have you got any plans for a similar challenge for 2012 ?
    JM

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Good one Brian, Ive already got next years airfields and Farms, All I need to do now is wait until the competition and backdate them all. Lets face it, there no proof needed and no checks made is there?

TV

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

The Alphabet Challenge draw took Place at the Flying Show on 26th November and drawn by Debbie Blake of the BMAA

Winners are:

1st Katie Denham wins Free BMAA Permit
    2nd Andy Tuson wins Guinness T-Shirt
    3rd Roger Cornwell wins Guinness T-Shirt
    4th Alun Middlemiss wins Guinness T-Shirt
    5th Tom Dawson wins Guinness T-Shirt
    6th Tom Scott wins Avon Cream so soft

Roger Cornwell was also presented with the Alphabet Challenge Trophy by Matt

Attached files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I won a free permit in the raffle!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

And when and where did Prize 5 get distributed?

I have been at the show all day and certainly didnt see you at the Show at all Brian, Nor the AGM

TV

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Alphabet challenge 2011 is over, winners have been confirmed, if you want to try and get all the letters just for fun or a personal challenge then edit away at your posts, but if you have made an edit after the 14th October, then you cant put in a claim for a prizes as it all been checked and finished for 2011

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

[3] [blue] Alphabet challenge winners 2011 [/blue][/3]

Prize 1 Was won by Roger Cornwell on the 19th March

Prize 2 Twist was to get all the letters of the Alphabet from any letter in the airfield name. No person has achieved this so the prize will be by raffle as stated. :nono:

Prize 3 Shortest distance from airfield M to airfield C winner is Katie Denham 14 miles.

Prize 4 Longest distance from airfield R to airfield B winner is Mark Hughes 328+ 10 bonus total 338 miles.

Prize 5 Will take place BMAA The Flying Show NEC. Birmingham. UK. :hop:

If you think I may had made a mistake then let me know right away, thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Big Update with the winners in about 24 hours, so please update your posts before then

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I have looked at all the posts and no person has won prize 2 so it looks like that will go into the raffle on prize 5. Prize 3 I have a winner, Prize 4 also have a winner.

But none confirmed until the 14th of October last date for updating your posts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

[2] The Alphabet Challenge is now officially over, you have 14 days to update your post, please do not edit after that time, if you need to add more info after that date due to site down time, make a reply post on your own name with reason for late post, any posts that have an edit after 14th of October are void. i know the BMAA forum is not working 100% at this time, so if you cant log on and make a post, don't worry as i have no control over the BMAA forums and if you cant log on you will not be reading this; posts will not be locked on the 14th of October. [/2]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I've enjoyed collecting the letters, I'm going to keep going and get them all, it might take me another 2 years, though.

Leave a comment:

• John Mundy
    replied

I got a K yesterday, (despite having no chance of winning the Ďoverallí challenge).
    It was a fairly local airfield, Knettishall, but I had never landed there before.
    Brians idea [to encourage flights into new strips] is still working OK for me !
    I hope to add A and F this weekend, canít see me getting a J by the end of the Month though.
    JM

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Im not blaming you Roger, Its the rules that were not clear and clarified, its always easy to add bits after the start but the rules were very clear before the event started and you didnt even join until the 10th march but was able to claim for flights completed before you joined, How can you win it if your not in it as the saying goes, You used the loophole in the rules that allowed this and for that reason i cannot blame you, the rules were and still are not clear as my post above states,
    Whats the point in getting a differant airfield in June if they are only going to use the first registed airfield of that letters name anyway. Pointless exercise,

TV

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

yes difficult to compete against someone who competes and wins according to the rules as verified and tripple checked by the organisers. stop whining, or as my daughter says, build a bridge and get over it.
    not sure i care too much any longer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X