A little coast flying ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little coast flying ......

During the recent spell of good weather my thoughts turned once again to getting my Flash 2 Alpha aloft over the skies of County Down. Betsy was recently permitted and I was revalidated so it felt that I was fated to take to the skies once again. My trusty wee 503 once again sprang into life and didnt complain too much about the holiday weight I had put on as we sped down runway 22. As temperatures were over 26 deg C it was a little bumpy geting out of the circuit but by staying a little out to sea it was as calm as a granny watching crown green bowls. The views were sublime - its amazing how the water can take on Caribbean properties when viewed from above - and apart from being joined for a short time by a beautiful white Vans RV7 I seemed to have the whole sky to myself ( well ... except for the Easyjet and Flybe jockeys chittering away in my ears as I monitored Belfast Approach ). This was one of only a few hours I have managed to fly this year but has reinvigorated my passion and has me checking the weather forecast on an hourly basis in work each day. Roll on the next good day ...... but in the meantime I'll content myself with reliving the day thanks to Mr GoPro ........

Hope you enjoy this short excerpt from the days flight ...... http://vimeo.com/102535853

Regards ( still Googling Metcheck )

Alan.

I know you say it was Newtonards, and it looks like Newtonards, but whenever I've been there its been blowing a hooley and p*ss*ng down with rain. Where was it really :-)

Looked a great flight. One handed too most of the time. You dont get many days like that in a trike.

Comment

Nice video! Looks like a fun flight. Interesting camera position; I never thought of putting the camera right on the end there. Almost no vibration!

Comment

Very nice video ... Looks more like my neck of the woods rather than NI ... I never realised that area was so lovely ... What a great choice of soundtrack too .
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X