X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Converting ppl (A) to nppl (microlight)

Hi Terry,
    The NPPL website states the allowances when transferring from another type licence to the NPPL.
    The website is http://www.nppl.uk.com/
    Hope this helps.

Jon

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Peter,
    If you go to bmaa.org and look under miscelaneous downloadable files, you should find what you're looking for under "Flying Microlights in Europe".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

TO CONVERT A CAA PPL TO NPPL(M)
    3.Hold a valid NPPL Medical Declaration or JAR-FCL Class 1 or 2 Medical Certificate

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Hiya Tony,

I thought by putting the statement "as far as I know" clarifies that I wasn't 100% certain !! I did also say that if your facts are true which they obviously are from me having read Jeremy's posting then it will be beneficial to all and sundry, I am on here in a serious frame of mind and implore that you treat my postings as a serious posting each time.
    I am only human and like all people I am prone to get befuddled from time to time, anyway my posting was rational and the part about NPPL users being allowed to fly abroad was also a serious question and whilst I was 100% certain that Group A NPPL holders were not allowed to fly outside of UK airspace I was not certain about NPPL(M) holders having acceptance outside of CAA Airspace.

To reiterate my postings are all in good faith and are always open to debate and I am as you can see the 1st to accept when I am wrong, there are some still around who cannot accept when they are wrong and I am here to learn so I don't benefit from burying my head in the sand.

Leave a comment:

• tonyhalsall
    replied

Hello Peter,

I have ignored you for years exactly because of this type of response. I would be most grateful if you would temper your response until you have established the facts. Such emotive responses based on uninformed opinion are not healthy for rational debate.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Tony,

Reading your posting... it reads like that you can maintain the CAA PPL with just a NPPL Medical declaration if you are flying microlights only?

Well I must say that is absolute 'Bovine Excrement' as far as I know !!

This kind of advice seems if correct very beneficial, but I doubt it will be that easy !!!

Next you will telling me that NPPL holders can fly abroad !!!!

Leave a comment:

• tonyhalsall
    replied

Hello Terry,

Is there any specific reason that you want to go PPL to NPPL?

The reason I ask is that I have an old CAA PPL which I allowed to lapse but the effort to revalidate for microlights only was minimal so I maintained my CAA PPL with microlight rating and have the benefits of the more informal NPPL medical (which is an anomoly - but accepted).

I am not sure about JAR (JAA?) licences - you would have to look in Lasors - but I know from personal experience that the older CAA licence is simple to revalidate and keep current for micros.

Tony

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    [list type=decimal][*]
    [*]
    [/b] 135.00 to the Campaign Affluence.[/b]
    [*]
    are no longer current I think you have to fly with a CAA or BMAA Examiner (depending on what you revalidate on) to see how much or how little recurrent training you need to do, I hope this helps... I am not an authority on this, just giving my perception of what some pals had to do in your situation[/b][/list type=decimal]

Leave a comment:

• terry912
    started a topic Converting ppl (A) to nppl (microlight)

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to change my ppl to nppl. I have not flown now for about 3 years so my ppl will no longer be current.
Working...
X