Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raven ssdr

Dom,
    I have blade spats fitted to my chaser and have nylite wheels fitted?
    Paul

Comment

Raven ssdr

Mm well mine definitely rub on the inside of the spat so not sure what that's about? I'm very tempted to get some bespoke carbon fibre jobbies made to my own spec.

Comment

Raven ssdr

I did do a bit of positioning with spacers - viewed via the rear vents to get the wheel free both sides.

Comment

Raven ssdr

Wiring now done. A final look over and test tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Comment

Raven ssdr

Blade spats defo fit over Nylites, I was first one to stick the mod through the system

If you decide to use different spats I'll buy the Blade ones off you ;-)

Stainless tube t piece can be made in our workshop if you can get the two tubes to me, we weld stainless handrail all the time using TiG

Kev
            G-KEVA
            BMAA 5696

"If anybody ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me: it's all balls."

R.J. Mitchell :- Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire

Comment

Raven ssdr

Sorry Kev but after a closer look and some hacksaw action on the wheel stub axle the blade spats now fit quite nicely. They just need a lick of paint.

Comment

Raven ssdr

Well not quite the success I was after. Tried the motor for the first time...bright spark on both, plenty of compression on both, plenty of life in the battery for the starter, good fresh fuel....and I managed one loud pop out the exhaust and a series of semi seizures at fast cranking speed...think the timing is off, dunno how when I didn't touch it and it was ok prior to this. May just swop this motor with the working engine off the Nomad trike (after iv flown the raven with the Nomad...I want to go to a new year fly-in), then work on this engine while I have a working machine. Seem to spend too much time tinkering without a working trike!
                I'll get back to you soon.
                All the best for now
                Dom@ Shedworx

Comment

Raven ssdr

Thank heaven for global warming (apologies to all the earthy types) but iv just had a good day in the garden tinkering. Turns out the woodruff key was sheared and the flywheel had shifted putting the timing way off. Utilising some bits from a spare motor, some open heart surgery and the 462 lives once again on its first spin.
                  YEEHA
                  To all that have followed this thread I wish you a very Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing you in the New Year with the Shedworx Oblivion Raven.
                  Got a major change in personal circumstances as I head into the New Year so for now this is Dom at Shedworx shutting the shed doors and hanging up the key. (Plans for a collaboration in the pipeline so it's not all gloom).
                  Best regards and safe landings
                  Dom

Comment

Raven ssdr

Hope it's a good change Dom. Dave

Comment

Raven ssdr

Dom,

How's it going with the SSDR Raven? I might be joining you soon, so any advice on Raven wings will be gratefully received.

Best regards,

Bob Hood
                      XL's forever! Well, one of them anyway. It's all I can afford, not to mention the Raven and the Mini-Max. Oh, and I almost forgot the Spectrum as well :-)

Comment

Raven ssdr

Front of Tank is a bit close to the rad for good cooling (maybe, because it's not easy to tell with only two piccies). The area available for the exit air is just as important as the area of the front Dom.

Comment

Raven ssdr

The raven is about to move home to Wingland where I will have the tome to finish it. All I can say Bob is that it is very heavy to move about when on the ground! Once it has air under it, well that's a different story all together.
                          Ted it's ok I did look at that and so the rads are actually wider spaced than the tank.

Comment

Raven ssdr

It's two rads Ted - look like the ones Mainair manufactured for 462/582 Flashes and Blades.
                            So each pokes out from the tank sides.
                            Mind, if Dom's head is very big and he takes a XXXL helmet, THAT might be a problem ;-)
                            Dave

Comment

Raven ssdr

In that case good luck for your first flight and all the ones thereafter - hopefully see you at the SSDR rally.

Comment

Raven ssdr

Thanks for that Dave!! I must get a profiled crash helmet to ensure i dont block the airflow. Indeed Ted fingers crossed it all works see you at Enstone.

Comment

Working...
                                X