Chaser electric trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaser electric trim

My Chaser wing has now been modded with Flylight's electric trim and the trike now fitted with the control switch/cables etc.

Really pleased - a very neat job!

Pictures and flight report to follow (South Wales currently bathing in windy 'Welsh Sunshine').

Chaser electric trim

Awaited with baited breath...

Comment

Chaser electric trim

....Welsh sunshine (rain) still accompanied with wind. Looks like it could be next week before I get to fly?

Comment

Chaser electric trim

Managed 15 mins (between showers) not really enough time to analyse the 'scope' of the modification. However, it all worked 'as advertised' and reminded my of flying an electric trim Quik (reduced climb on take off till selecting 'slow' whereupon it climbed like the proverbial).
        Need to adjust the fast trim position (currently 6 mm from mechanical stop).
        Got some pictures (just waiting for my mate to send them).

Also; hang point now Flylight's standard item (without 'roll stop pins') so hang bracket 'going off bonk' when not on trike (can't think of better way to describe) is even worse! Managed to 'tame this issue with an ally tube inserted into hang bracket tube and secured to base bar (works a treat).

Comment

Chaser electric trim

Wish the picture would appear in post?????

Attached files

Comment

Chaser electric trim

Had another flight today - better response at full fast (adjusted the fast setting 5mm [10% of full travel]). Also tried the wing on folding monopole Chaser trike; trim motor attachment fouls on hang point during lift (working on resolving this issue).
            Will post some pictures of the mechanism used to stop the hang point 'going off bonk' (a must for electric trim mod and possibly 'all Chasers').

Comment

Working...
            X