• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Idea's, anyone?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

I have shot myself in the foot but I am getting better with age.
    Mick

Join the club mate. Whether it stacks up or not, I'd still like to know how it works. I'm not an expert on 2 strokes but my limited knowledge says iut shouldn't work at all.
    I also wonder at what sort of horse power it developes. and if it will turn a full size prop in lieu of the truncated one shown.

Leave a comment:

• Mick Broom
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Hi Doug,
    Clarification needed obviously!
    Will not work in the sense that it does not stack up in mechanical terms.
    Obviously you could make it work as a noise machine and maybe get it running enough to fly but don't hold you breath while waiting for it to come on the market in big numbers.
    Just my humble opinion and it will not be the first time I have shot myself in the foot but I am getting better with age.
    Mick

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Will not work!!!!!! Please explain 'cause this little beauty certainly does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Yx9bImIGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX0w8Fg3d9Y

Leave a comment:

• Mick Broom
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Will not work
    The effective length of the link, what we would call the conrod and not to be confused with the rod attached to the piston, is too short so the lever effect to turn the shaft is small so most of the energy from the explosion ( don't you just love that word ) will go into the bearing and crankcase.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Bump. Thoughts..........anyone?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Thanks Steve, here's a renamed copy.

Attached files

Leave a comment:

• Steve Uzochukwu
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Doug Mansfield wrote: Now why doesn't my attachment open?
    Forum bug. Never put spaces or ampersands in file names on this forum.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Now why doesn't my attachment open?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

G'day guys. I to, have been fascinated by this early engine. Designed in the 30's I think. I have spent numerous hours searching for more into but there seems to be very little on the web. Don't get the long haired fellow confused with this Blanadin/Parsons creation. Totally different concepts.
    What I like about this 2 stroke is that it doesn't sound like one, even at high revs. There are other videos out there that show it being revved up and down.
    My major question is, how does it compress the fuel mixture in the crank-case when opposing pistons are moving in the same direction?
    With modern materials and bearings, I would have thought it was still a workable design for light aircraft. I don't know if this helps, but attached seems to be a X-section view if the engine. Happy to discuss this further

Cheers, Doug aka Deskpilot

Attached files

Leave a comment:

• Nick Axworthy
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Yes seen that one before Mike...I thought the same about piston pin wear...unless the pistons are some very hi tech alloy.

Leave a comment:

• mikehallam
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

This may help: it's exploding a single cyl. engine (I thinks it's otherwise the same).
    Following from other Russian videos looks like original Russian Ptent in 1877 and others since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzBgoDeY3Ws

Not sure how the sliding pin wears unless more sphisticated versions introduce roller bearings each side of the piston ?

mikehallam.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Axworthy
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Blowed if I can see it.

Leave a comment:

• GeeJay
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

Nick Axworthy wrote: I wonder how this works then...cant tell due to the text being Russian if its scratch built...looks interesting...conrod free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZC5nUM1J7w
    There's actually a basic translation of what he says in the comments below the video, I was goinfg to copy and paste it but it doesnt allow this.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Axworthy
    replied
    Conrod free 2 stroke.

New one on me Tom.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X